Final portfolios are due ThursdayJanuary 15, 2013
I got my password, and I am back in business. Just to make it clear- we are sharing in class on Thursday and your blog should be finished by 11:59 Thursday night.
Yes, Nick and all you other slackers, I will remember if you repeat your work from last year!!!
Here is a list of what you need to do for your portfolios.
• Post of all published articles- add the links from Correspondentlive- add PDFs from The Correspondent. 35 points
• Goals- Set two to four goals for next semester and give the steps to attain these goals. Please set goals you intend to work on- be realistic 20 points
• Professional press- After viewing work by the professional press, post a link. Then write how this work impacted you. Talk about the media treatment of the news not the news itself.-25 points
• Process on ONE published piece-write about the process of the piece (step by step)and what you learned, what you should do differently next time. 20 points
• Ideabook- Come up with three ideas for use in The Correspondent. State the category (news, features, organization, etc.) and thoroughly explain the idea. Include examples from other media to “show” idea. 15 points
• Share day- share with the rest of the staff during final exams. 15 points
Hope this work out for my students- it is 15 percent of your grade